As Risk Analyst, you will be expected to be an organized and intuitive person with strong experience in analytical review. You should be able to demonstrate an ability to pay attention to detail and nuances of merchant transaction activity that may not always be obvious on the surface. You will be expected to be comfortable working independently, sometimes for hours or an entire day, without losing focus. Experience in card and ACH payments, as well as Disputes/Chargebacks are preferred. Candidate will be part of larger team and will be expected to communicate effectively to their peers, leadership, and merchant/partner customers via verbal, written, email, and interoffice chat methods.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- Conduct transactional and behavioral analysis of merchant customers to identify trends, variations, patterns and insights relating to the identification of suspicious or anomalous activity.
- Monitor merchant activity through exception reporting for current transaction activity as well as historical behavioral monitoring for financial risk exposure related to chargebacks, fraud, or settlement rejects.
- Recommend and develop enhancements, efficiencies, and resources to assist in the review process.
- Analyze credit, processing history, business financial statements, bank statements and business model obtained during Underwriting or Periodic Review to identify risk exposures.
- Ongoing credit risk monitoring through the use of third party tools in an effort to mitigate risk exposure.
- Update merchant profile to reflect acceptable performance patterns and field inbound requests through direct merchant communications. .
- Provide or assist in preparing reporting on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep management informed of the operation and progress of Risk management and loss prevention/recovery efforts.
- Focus on delivery of results and process sophistication.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies and/or sponsor banks as appropriate and/or required.
- Participate in process creation, policy/procedure creation and maintenance, and metric reporting to management and Underwriting.
- Improve customer experience by optimizing and / or developing processes for subgroups, portfolios, and partnerships.
- Maintain responsibility for follow-up requests for post-underwriting review.
- Act as communication intermediary for merchant inquiries originating from sponsor banks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with merchant risk monitoring, underwriting, or similar function with a deep knowledge of card brand and NACHA compliance rules.
- Strong knowledge of rules, laws, and best practices relating to payment processing including: PCI/DSS, BSA/AML, OFAC and FTC/CFPB regulations.
- Experience or familiarity with card brand pricing structures (interchange)
- Experience in basic risk management and risk assessment functions, including creation and maintenance of controls supporting loss prevention or recovery.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate information about complex regulatory issues to stakeholders in a clear and easy to understand way.
- Ability to develop creative and adaptive solutions to unique and complex inquiries related to product design, monitoring tools, and other initiatives.
- Ability to effectively thrive in a rapid-paced working environment with tight deadlines.
- Team-focused, positive attitude, and good sense of humor.