Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
The typical starting salary range for this role is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience, education, certifications and location. The full salary range for this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all employees in these positions across the national market and provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in the compensation plan for the role.
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to moderately complex claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with claimants, policyholders, appraisers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
To be considered for this position, you are required to reside within 50 miles of Liberty Mutuals Suwanee, Tampa, or Plano Office. This position has a hybrid work schedule.
Training is a critical component to your success and that success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active engagement during training is mandatory.
Training will require travel for 2 weeks to our office in Plano, TX.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
- Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
- Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner, ability to build effective relationships.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent in addition to 1-year claims handling experience. Knowledge of legal liability, insurance coverage and medical terminology preferred.
- Licensing may be required in some states.
- Ability to travel to Plano, TX for 2 weeks of training
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-equity-inclusion/
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discriminationon the basis ofrace, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.