Liability Claims Manager
The Liability Claims Manager is responsible for the overall operation of a designated office. This role participates in formulating and administering company best practices as well as developing long-range goals and objectives, analyzing costs, activities and operations, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
This is a remote role covering our Florida offices. This role is open to Florida residents only.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the company in a professional manner to both internal and external customers and clients.
- Directs the performance and development of the employees in their department.
- Ensures staff compliance with Best Practices for Liability.
- Assures peak performance of the team through continued training and coaching, coupled with regular performance evaluations.
- Utilizes Jurisdictional Expertise and knowledge of jurisdictions, government entity immunities, statutes, licensing and procedures assigned to ensure compliance.
- Monitors operational workflow and manages appropriate/adequate staffing levels and staff retention strategies.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of common claim practices, Special Account Instructions and procedures.
- Directs and controls the review and settlement of high dollar or potential high dollar claims, as well as any claims that are beyond the authority of subordinate claims personnel.
- Promotes operational efficiency and quality by continuously improving processes, people and systems to enhance efficiency, consistency and quality.
- Ensures consistent and complete compliance with CorVel's policies and procedures.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary for customer contact, negotiation, presentations, project management and personnel management.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff and obtain results through teamwork.
- Ability to function effectively under time constraints, consistently meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize common computer applications.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism.
- Knowledge of the entire Liability claims administration procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with a combination of education and equivalent industry-related experience, with a record of steady advancement in Third Party Liability claims administration.
- Minimum of 6 years' comprehensive Liability administration experience.
- Minimum of 2 -4 years recent supervisory or management experience.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.