Complex Property Inside Claims Examiner
2 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and set accurate claims expectations with customers throughout the Claims process while providing high quality customer service.
- Research, analyze, and interpret policy language and state law as it applies to submitted claims.
- Examine and appropriately interpret policies, forms, and other records to determine coverage and extent of company's exposure or liability.
- Appropriately apply knowledge of multiple state statutes, including the insurance code of ethics, rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Draft, approve, and adjust estimates of damage and loss amounts.
- Negotiate and settle claims in accordance with Slide's best practices, guidelines, and industry standards.
- Assign, direct, and monitor vendors conducting mitigation and/or other services during the adjustment process.
- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Slide's core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Document all relevant information in the electronic claims management system.
- Contribute to the business production goals and objectives.
- Establish timely and appropriate claim reserves in accordance with claim standards.
- Appropriately represent the company by executing a high level of service and always maintaining professionalism.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a field with skills transferable to insurance preferred; HS Diploma required.
- Active Florida 6-20 Resident All Lines Adjuster License required.
- 3+ years of first-party property claims adjusting experience.
- 2+ years of experience working directly for a carrier
- Working knowledge of Florida insurance laws and Florida good faith claims handling experience.
- Xactimate proficiency a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows environment.
- Industry designations or certifications a plus.
Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Data-driven, analytical approach necessary.
- Working knowledge to interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and department operational guidelines in daily functions.
- Possesses strong customer service skills and can address customer escalations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and adapt to frequent priority changes.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Must possess excellent writing skills.
- Desire to live Slide's Core Values.