Liability Claims Manager (Complex/Litigated Auto & GL)
Are you a highly motivated and experienced commercial liability claims manager with a passion for developing high-caliber claims teams?
If so, we are looking for you!
Our client is a leading insurance company that is committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. We are looking for a manager to lead our commercial litigation claims team and ensure that all claims are investigated and adjusted appropriately.
This position can be located in our Lake Mary or Sarasota, FL office with a hybrid work schedule available (3 days in office and 2 days from home). Remote will be considered for candidates not in close proximity to one of our office locations (in states we write business).
As a manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of experienced claims adjusters that primarily handles complex and/or litigated Auto and GL claims in Florida and Georgia. This includes setting goals and expectations, providing feedback, and resolving conflicts.
- Oversee the investigation and adjustment of complex and litigated claims: This involves working with adjusters to gather evidence, assess damages, and negotiate settlements.
- Ensure that claims are handled in a timely and efficient manner: This includes setting deadlines, tracking progress, and communicating with stakeholders.
- Work with legal counsel to resolve claims: This includes drafting legal documents, negotiating settlements, and representing the company in court.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Manager, Liability Claims may also be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing new claims procedures
- Training new adjusters
- Conducting quality assurance reviews
- Representing the company at industry events
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Six or more years of experience in commercial liability claims
- Two years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of insurance claim procedures, rules, systems, and regulations
- Strong working understanding of the judicial and legal systems
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze, define, and solve problems; the use of good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to interpret and explain insurance policy coverage as applicable to the area of claims handling
- Current, active Adjusters License in assigned jurisdiction(s)
- AIC, CPCU or AEI designation(s), or equivalent experience or education
The Liability Claims Manager is a critical member of the claims team and plays a vital role in ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service. If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual with a passion for justice, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary between $100K-$120K, a target bonus of 9%, and benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, and paid holidays.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!