Respiratory Therapist, Reg I
Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment.
701 6th St.
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
- Demonstrates competency in respiratory therapeutics and in the use of non-invasive ventilators, pulmonary diagnostics and other equipment required for the provision of respiratory care.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Demonstrates strong power of analytical reasoning and effectively blends patient care management skills with technical expertise.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in quality control and maintenance of arterial blood gas analyzers, specimen collection and analysis of blood for gas transport and acid/base determinations.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and medical condition of the patient.
- Demonstrates expertise in the areas of medical gas administration, environmental control systems, humidification, medication delivery, non-invasive ventilatory support, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Instructs clinical practicum students.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or Cardiopulmonary Sciences.
- Must be eligible for the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) exam per NBRC guidelines.
- Maintains license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the State of Florida Department of Health.
- RRT's registered on or after July 1, 2002 must maintain an active status with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) and updated every five years. RRT's credentialed prior to July 1, 2002 are not required to renew every five years in accordance with NBRC.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Knowledge of basic computer/mechanical training.
Respiratory Therapist, Reg I
Saint Petersburg, Florida