The Account Executive is responsible for interacting with customers and prospects on an executive level and acting as an extension of the client; selling new services, understanding and communicating agreed upon expectations to all teams, and increasing the market share of business by providing service that meets and exceeds customer expectations, commitment to customer goals, and introducing/selling/implementing services.
This position is remote for Florida residents only.
Preference given to candidates with direct Florida governmental sales experience, hands-on experience with Florida's Sunshine Law, and a working knowledge of Florida governmental RFP processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Presenting CorVel's services to prospective customers
- Knowledge of CorVel's services and the disability compensation system
- Attend a minimum of 10 monthly sales calls
- Monthly sales strategy meeting with manager
- Meet or exceed sales goals established by management for the marketplace/branch office
- Explore all lines of coverage and needs within existing accounts and new accounts
- All opportunities documented in sf.com – minimum of 25 opportunities
- Prospect calls - target of 50 prospect calls per week, documented in sf.com
- Prospect Meetings – 3-5 per week, documented in sf.com
- Responsible for entering all sales activity in sf.com daily and keeping sf.com data current
- Submission of commission spreadsheets by the 20th of each month
- Respond to Request for Proposals either independently for smaller local RFP's or with assistance from the RFP Department
- Exhibit at conferences as approved by management
- Follow CorVel policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, managed care or related field is helpful
- Reliable professional with the ability to achieve balance between customer needs and a results-driven approach
- Business acumen, coupled with enthusiasm and decorum
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as analytical and time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and CRM software (Salesforce) and other technology as requested
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferrably in business or sales/marketing
- Proven sales track record required
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.