Unit Manager - Workers Compensation | Remote
5 days left
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Workers' Compensation Unit Manager with our client.
The Workers' Compensation Unit Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of client Workers' Compensation Claims including the training and development of the claim representatives and directing outside vendors in order to achieve department and company goals.Workers Compensation Unit Manager Responsibilities
- Supervises multiple teams of examiners, single or multiple product line examiners, and/or several (minimum seven) technical operations colleagues for a wide span of control; may delegate some duties to others within the unit.
- Identifies and advises management of trends, problems, and issues as well as a recommended course of action; informs management of new procedures and ideas for continuous process improvement; and coordinates with management projects for the office.
- Provides technical/jurisdictional direction to examiner reports on claims adjudication.
- Compiles reviews and analyzes management reports and takes appropriate action.
- Performs quality reviews on claims in compliance with audit requirements, service contract requirements, and quality standards.
- Acts as the second level of appeal for client and claimant issues regarding claim-specific, procedural, or special requests; implements final disposition of the appeal.
- Reviews reserve amounts on high-cost claims and claims over the authority of the individual examiner.
- Monitors third-party claims; maintains periodical review of litigated claims, serious vocational rehabilitation claims, questionable claims, and sensitive claims as determined by the client.
- Maintains contact with the client on claims and promotes a professional client relationship; makes recommendations to the client as suggested by the claim status; and provides written resumes of specific claims as requested by the client.
- Assures that direct reports are properly licensed in the jurisdictions serviced.
- Ensures claims files are coded correctly and adequate documentation is made by claims examiners.
- 5+ years of experience handling workers' compensation claims as a claims adjuster with a TPA or carrier
- Previous experience in a leadership or mentorship role
- Must have experience with Florida and Georgia lost time claims
- Must have an active Florida and/or Georgia adjuster license
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including general liability claims jobs in the U.S. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high-caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business as usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.