Reinsurance Senior Accountant
The Reinsurance Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that the Company's reinsurance journal entries, reconciliations, disclosures and billings on both the GAAP and Statutory basis of accounting are accurately reported and timely billed. .
- Property and casualty insurance industry experience required.
- Prepare ceded premium and ceded loss journal entries and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reinsurance financial statement disclosures.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents that provide strong audit evidence.
- Prepare statutory annual statement Schedule F and Schedule P disclosures.
- Provide detailed analyses and explanation of transactions.
- Prepare and submit reinsurance billings on a timely basis.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to various regulatory agencies.
- Assist in a wide variety of special projects.
- Computer Applications – Proficiency with general ledger systems and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Intermediate or better skill level in Excel is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 3-5 years corporate or public accounting experience.