Vice President, Actuarial & Risk Management
Vice President of Actuarial & Risk Management
Responsible for and has the authority to make all decisions on risk management issues that directly impact the strategic direction of the company by performing the following duties.
- Manages all state pricing and actuarial filings.
- Expands new state pricing initiatives.
- Manages all facets of catastrophe risk process.
- Responsible for catastrophe modeling and statistical analysis.
- Devises systems and processes to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs.
- Distributes exposure and capacity of exposure by zone or region.
- Designs proprietary risk measurement tools.
- Designs proprietary profitability and capital allocation measurement tools.
- Handles responsibility for strategic measurement and maintenance of overall corporate risk.
- Handles responsibility for loss mitigation strategy.
- Handles responsibility for authorizations.
- Manages loss reporting and bordereaux reports.
- Manages and provides support for allocations to lines, states, and regions.
- Sets, reviews, and manages corporate wide loss and LAE reserves.
- Handles responsibility for schedule P quarterly and annual statement.
- Reviews corporate wide enterprise risk management.
- Manages communications relating to risk management and pricing with Board of Directors, Rating Agencies, and Regulatory Authorities.
- Manages and coordinates audits and consulting actuaries including pricing and reserving.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master of Science degree in Actuarial Studies preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum ACAS or FCAS required