Regional Director Sales Operations
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$105,000.00 - $173,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under General Direction, provides financial, analytic and marketing support to assigned Personal Insurance Field Sales region(s). Partners with RVPs, Channel CFO, Regional Directors within Sales Operations, and agency managers to set and achieve targeted PL business results. Incumbent manages others. General Direction Defined: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed.
What Will You Do?
- Conducts post audits on regional marketing, underwriting, and pricing programs to determine financial impact on region's business results, and identify opportunities for program improvements.
- Interprets and communicates controllable Income at countrywide, regional and individual sales staff levels.
- Monitors financial and production results to ensure accuracy, assess impact, and identify opportunities for improving business results.
- Assists RVPs in developing and monitoring regional budget, including production and expenses.
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities for improving expenses.
- Analyze financials for business activities with agencies and other parties. (e.g. Book/block transfers.
- Recommends action steps or strategies to regional and senior management.
- Accesses management information from various systems. Formats, analyzes, interpret sand presents information to regional and senior management.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and negotiates with agencies on compensation.
- Assists in identifying, analyzing and preparing recommendations and negotiating regional and national business opportunities (e.g., agency deals, etc.) with clients.
- Obtains multiple assessments of a situation, review facts, weighs options and recommends most advantageous course of action to influence business results.
- Systematically identifies problems and evaluates alternative solutions. Uses appropriate tools. using appropriate tools to define problems.
- Assists RVP in developing and implementing marketing strategies with assigned agencies to achieve positive business results.
- Manages multiple projects/tasks at once for timely and quality results.
- Manages a staff of Field Sales Operations Managers, Sales Specialists, or Administrative Assistants.
- Provides regional staff with guidance on strategic direction of the region and assists in motivating staff toward desired business results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Personal lines business experience preferred.
- Thorough Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access software.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines systems preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to draw conclusions from analysis and make initial recommendations.
- Advanced ability to analyze multiple sources of information and develop alternative solutions. Advanced ability to quantify impact of various activities.
- Strong communication skills and advanced ability to clearly present ideas and concepts (orally and written) to management, regional staff, customers, other stakeholders and influence outcomes.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Advanced business acumen with Sales and Marketing knowledge.
- Advanced ability to effectively negotiate with business partners while building/maintaining long-term relationships.
- Advanced ability to plan and manage a project through implementation, involving coordination with various business units.
- Familiarity with other distribution systems.
- Advanced Definition: Demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in new or complex situations.
- Not Required.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales operations functions.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Thorough knowledge of financial reporting structure and reporting systems.
- Thorough understanding of the Property-Casualty business, Personal Lines and the Independent Agency system.
- Thorough Personal Insurance product knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of insurance business financials.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.