FCCI is currently seeking a Tax Manager to manage and oversee the tax function of the company, as well as assist with the preparation and review of domestic federal and state income, sales and use, property, and insurance tax related filings. The Manager will be responsible for assisting with tax provisions, performing tax research, and planning for and responding to all tax related audit requests, notices and inquiries. In addition, the Manager will provide support and make recommendations regarding systems and tax software to perform tax department procedures. The Manager will oversee tax internal controls, including testing and making recommendations. This is a key role that works across the organization on various projects to support corporate initiatives. It is an excellent opportunity to enhance and expand your professional skills in a role that has room for advancement. The position offers a flex, hybrid work schedule (your choice of 2 remote days per week) at our corporate headquarters in Sarasota, FL.
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field
* Minimum of six years of relevant professional tax experience, including two years minimum supervisory experience.
* CPA designation.
* Advanced knowledge of federal and state tax laws.
* Advanced ability to perform tax research and apply tax laws.
* Advanced ability to interpret and communicate tax concepts to all levels across the organization.
* Solid working knowledge of GAAP income tax accounting.
* Knowledge of P&C insurance taxation and concepts is not required, but is a plus.
* Strong technical command of various tax and accounting software, including Excel.
* Ability to plan, oversee and manage department workload.
* Provides strong leadership and development of staff.
* Excellent organization, task monitoring, communication, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to analyze, define and solve problems, and use good judgment for decision-making.
In exchange for your talents, FCCI offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
FCCI values the contributions of a diverse workforce.
We're committed to being fair and equitable to all employees and applicants for employment. FCCI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, marital status, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, disability and other legally protected classifications.