Tampa-based mutual insurance company with an outstanding work-life balance and a very competitive compensation and benefits program has an opportunity for a Claims Paralegal. Opportunities at this small and collegial company do not come open often, as this is the kind of company where people tend to stay. The company has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
This position provides support to the Claims Department staff, including administrative tasks requiring independent judgment and contributing ideas for workflow and IT enhancements. This position reports to the VP – Claims and will receive general supervision from the Claims Attorneys in the department.
- panel counsel bill review and preparation of compliance issues reports
- requesting and tracking panel counsel budgets and case evaluation reports
- voluminous legal document filing, using judgment and knowledge for correct folder placement within claims files
- prepare LAE payments and reserves for approval and processing
- review of first notices and data entry to generate claim numbers; send acknowledgment letters
- review of large claim reimbursement requests
- assist department with special projects and track all deadlines
- prepare and edit monthly and quarterly reports for management
Minimum education and requirements:
- B.A. or B.S. with Paralegal Certificate.
- Two years of paralegal experience in a tort/litigation firm or in-house at an insurance company.
- This job also requires proficiency in all Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Teams.
- Ability to recognize legal document types with limited guidance.
Hybrid office environment with three days in-office and two days remote. Salary commensurate with experience.