Claims Improvement Specialist - Auto Claims
IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for a Claims Improvement Specialist - Auto Claims which can be located in one of the following IAT offices:
- Sarasota, Florida
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- Naperville, Illinois
- Rolling Meadows, Illinois
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Omaha, Nebraska
Please note, IAT works on a hybrid schedule. This role will be required to work from the office Monday through Wednesday with the option of working remotely Thursday and Friday. This role is part of the Auto Claims team and will report directly to VP, Auto/Liability Claims Operations. This position is responsible for detecting, developing, and implementing solutions for performance, outcomes, quality, efficiency, and customer experience improvement opportunities in Claims. Accountabilities include assisting in business process improvement and preparing proactive claims solutions that maximize efficiencies. Furthermore, this role will work closely and collaboratively throughout the Claims organization.
- Accountable for monitoring the Auto Claims performance through dashboards, customer experience surveys, quality audits, compliance reporting, ad hoc analysis, benchmarking, and other methods as identified
- Charged with identifying trends, detecting improvement opportunities, and developing practices, processes and strategies that deliver exceptional results.
- Assist the Claims management team to assess the need for, and create specific Quality Control training for staff, adjusters, and vendors within the claims department.
- Create, present, and perform calibration Quality Control training sessions and assist Claims employees to increase knowledge and skills necessary to achieve improved results.
- Identify new technology and other resources, to achieve greater efficiency and improved results.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelors' degree with 5 years of insurance claims adjusting experience across multiple lines or equivalent.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 10 years of relevant claims experience.
- Experience with file audits.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Internet navigation.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities over multiple claims systems and gather relevant data from both management and adjusters to address and resolve issues.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates high self-awareness—seeks and embraces candid feedback with resiliency.
- Ability to translate vision into concrete business plans and strategies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and utilize influence management to achieve desired outcomes among peers.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload, organize, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Discretionary Retirement Contribution
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.