Do you enjoy helping people? Do you like variety in your work? Enjoy real-world challenges by joining the energetic business environment of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Department.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is a Fortune 500 company, and one of the largest multi-line insurers in the property/casualty field. In addition to providing support to the Claims Department you will also have the opportunity to work side by side with experienced professionals who deliver the highest-quality services to our customers, helping them live safer, more secure lives. We are currently hiring for a Technical Assistant.
GRS North America Claims is excited to announce our go forward strategy to provide employees with the flexibility to include an option to work from home full-time. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely , and should reside within a reasonable commute of our hub offices (Plano, TX; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Suwanee, GA; Tampa, FL; Indianapolis, IN; Hoffman Estates, IL; Rocklin, CA; Syracuse, NY; Bala Cynwyd, PA; Portland, OR and Weatogue, CT) to attend occasional collaborative activities with your team, as needed).
The Technical Assistant will provide a variety of administrative tasks, technical support and customer service duties, such as gathering, organizing, validating and/or entering data; responding to routine correspondence, inquiries and information requests; and resolving routine problems or escalating them as necessary. Additionally, you will communicate with relevant parties to the assigned claim appropriately to move claim process forward.
- Obtaining and maintaining an active adjuster's license will be required. Completes required pre-licensing coursework and passes licensing exam; maintains continuing education requirements based on state requirements.
- Communicates professionally with internal and external contacts including customers, brokers, and third-party shops and vendors.
- Supports claim owners within scope of assignment; adjusts claims owned in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Gathers and organizes data needed by obtain information from systems, files, intranet and/or by contacting other people inside or outside the Company.
- Reviews and verifies information which may include source documents, policies, claims files, summons complaints, salary data, etc. Ensures completion and accuracy of data, paperwork, and/or forms.
- Coordinates materials or special projects for staff which may include preparing material/reports, distributing, editing, formatting and proofreading material.
- Maintains records and data which may include entering into databases/servers, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, setting up files, etc. Ensures accuracy of information and runs reports as needed.
- Acts as a technical resource for internal and external customers/contacts by providing answers to routine inquiries and coordinating responses resolving problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection.
- Provides administrative support to technical staff which may include: creating documents, forms, spreadsheets, presentation material, etc. reviewing incoming mail and determining course of action preparing and sending out form letters.
Preparation, Training, & Experience
- Ability to communicate well by listening actively and sharing clear and appropriately detailed information with those who need it.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Ability to deliver quality customer service using standard practices.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel and Word as normally acquired through a high school degree or equivalent, plus at least 3 years of related administrative office work experience.
- General knowledge of the department's operations and objectives desirable.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.