As our business growth continues we have an established need for data intensive cloud development. We need the aid of a highly motivated problem solver. An engineer who enjoys the challenge of resolving complex problems with innovative solutions. We desire an engineer with a proven track record of delivering high quality results; an individual who is a self-driver with the ability to work across multiple facets of a project while juggling multiple responsibilities seamlessly.
If you are ready for a challenge, and be a key contributor to our team, we are eager to hear from you.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. This position may work from anywhere in the US.
Major responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain complex Software system.
- Acquire extensive business and system knowledge.
- Apply system knowledge to diagnose and fix complex problems.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, peer reviews and documentation.
- Provide reliable estimates of effort and good identification of risks.
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, inspections and reviews.
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong .NET/C# skills
- Strong relational database skills including proficiency in SQL, stored procedures and database architecture (MSSQL 2008 or higher)
- Microsoft SQL skills
- Exposure to Azure DevOps
- Object oriented programming principals
- Must be self-directed, analytical, adept to problem solving, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a combination of education and related experience
- 5+ years of experience with in .Net, C#
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or higher
- Experience with Cloud Development is a plus
- Healthcare experience is a plus
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.