Sr Liability Claims Specialist
CorVel in Tampa, FL is seeking a Senior Liability Claims Specialist. The Senior Liability Claims Specialist manages within company best practices complex and litigated General Liability claims. Additionally, the Specialist will work within delegated authority to best possible outcomes for CorVel and our clients.
The ideal candidate will reside in Florida. This is a remote position.
The role is for a large, dedicated account. The pending is primarily Litigated, General Liability claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of the claim
- Renders a Liability determination on each claim in accordance with statutory requirements and Service Handling Instructions.
- Investigates simple to complex Auto and General Liability claims.
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits.
- Communicates claim status with the client and defense counsel (as applicable).
- Formulate a defense strategy and work in partnership with defense counsel.
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in claims review as needed.
- Assists other claims professionals with claims as necessary.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Five (5) or more years' experience handling Auto and General Liability claims.
- Five or more years' experience handling Litigated matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Desire to embrace and thrive on change.
- Strong team work mentality.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Multi-State Adjuster Licenses are preferred.
- TPA Experience is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Commercial Auto and General Liability experience.
- Litigation experience required.
- Florida resident preferred.
- Must have a passion for handling litigated matters and be detail oriented.
- Occasional travel to mediations, trials, and depositions will be required.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 4,000 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.