Utility Galley on the Pride of America w/Norwegian Cruise Line
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Utility Galley ensures proper and efficient cleaning and sanitation of assigned area (i.e.: pot washer, glass washer, dish washer, garbage room, et al) within the hotel operation, according to the United States Public Health regulations. This position is also charged with ensuring that the assigned area is stocked and re-stocked to ensure that the galley staff always has the tools and utensils the guests require. Assists in the set up and break-down of special events, as needed.
- Ensures that the assigned galley area is stocked and re-stocked with clean and sanitized supplies and utensils. Responsible for maintaining clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for the safe, accurate and temperature-controlled storage of all products and supplies.
- Operates the dishwashers in the assigned work area, and coordinates with the maintenance department if they are not working properly.
- Supports staff to maintain the food and service schedule of the assigned galley area.
- Assists in the set-up and break-down of special events as instructed by management.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies are stocked and available at the beginning of each work shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a utility galley/kitchen steward or similar area in a hotel or ship operation is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED or foreign equivalent is required.
- Proactive, team player, problem solver.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.