Senior Benefits Consultant
Senior Benefits Consultant- Employee Benefits
The Senior Benefits Consultant will play the critical role of lead consultant and strategist with our larger, more sophisticated clients in the employee benefits advisory space. This role will be responsible for all aspects related to client service, client management, and ultimately will be responsible for client satisfaction.
- Monitor trends and proactively make recommendations to clients to improve the effectiveness of employee benefit program/design.
- Direct the marketing team on the desired strategy for clients and monitor the marketing process to ensure timelines are maintained.
- Collaborate with Producer regarding pre-renewal, renewal, and post-renewal meetings for clients.
- Collaborate with Producers on new client acquisition.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the department on alternative funding products such as self-funding, level funding, Referenced Based Pricing, outsourced Pharmacy Benefit Management, etc.
- Develop and implement processes and policies to improve overall client service.
- Support the SAE/AE on the team and serve as a back-up to conduct open enrollment meetings.
- Develop and execute project plans, coordinate with team members for delivery on client projects, and ensure delivery against project goals.
- Work in collaboration with team to ensure completion of compliance activities for clients such as 5500s, SPDs, Wraps, ACA filings, etc.
- Coordinate with the fulfillment team to present and facilitate compliance audits with the clients and address deficiencies.
- Proactively support the client with MLR Rebate distribution annually.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the 1095 codes and in coordination with the assigned SAE/AE act as a resource to clients to consult on the ACA filing process.
- Support CSM/AE/SAE and clients on escalated service issues.
- Continually monitor applicable legislative issues applicable to Employee Benefits and share developments with the Department.
- Mentor and develop junior colleagues.
- Actively support the Employee Benefits Division Manager on global initiatives such as seminars, webinars, and alerts.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Florida 2-15 Life & Health License Required
- Bachelor's degree ( Master's degree preferred), and 5 to 7 years relevant agency experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System, preferred
- Professional Certifications (CEBS, GBA) preferred