SQL Reports Developer
CorVel Corporation is hiring a SQL Developer to develop clear and accurate reports that drive vital business decisions for CorVel and our customers. You will be involved with overseeing all aspects of development for assigned projects, from gathering and refining requirements all the way through deployment.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who is able to communicate complex concepts clearly and understands that accuracy is paramount. In addition to taking ownership of a project, you also need to have the confidence to seek guidance when necessary to keep the project moving forward.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. This position may work from anywhere in the US.
- Work with Business Analysts and stakeholders to gather requirements
- Design and develop reports used to drive vital business decisions for CorVel and our customers
- Create T-SQL stored procedures and other database objects
- Analyze and document required technical changes
- Solid experience in the following:
- Ability to write complex stored procedures using T- SQL
- T-SQL query performance tuning/optimization
- Bonus points for:
- Healthcare or insurance experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- C# application development experience
- Familiarity with both normalized and data warehouse database structures
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a combination of education and related experience
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.