Software Engineering Manager
CorVel is building an additional flagship development team that will be responsible for tackling complex projects. We are searching for a methodical, analytical manager with a strong understanding of software engineering principles. A natural leader who possesses the ability to dive deep into the details of a project and deliver an elegant solution.
The manager of this team will need strong organizational skills and a background in Microsoft development tools in order to fully understand, plan, and execute multiple successful projects with numerous stakeholders.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. The manager may work from anywhere in the US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers working in multiple technologies
- Deliver elegant software solutions
- Acquire extensive knowledge of our business and proprietary systems
- Apply system knowledge to diagnose and resolve complex problems
- Perform requirements analysis, design reviews, and create clear documentation
- Provide reliable estimates of effort and good identification of risks
- Apply sound software engineering processes including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, inspections, and reviews
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience leading a team working with the following technologies to create web applications with significant data handling needs:
- .NET/C#, Angular, MVC, Microsoft SQL Server
- Development experience with one or more of the technologies
- Strong relational database design skills
- Object-oriented programming principles
- Must be self-directed, analytical, able to solve problems, and have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to Azure DevOps would be beneficial
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or a combination of education and related experience
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Healthcare or insurance experience is preferred
- The team will be required to work with a range of technologies including but not limited to C#, .NET Core, MS SQL, Azure DB, Angular, and MVC
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enables us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.