Experienced Software Engineer – Join a Collaborative Team
We are seeking a software engineer for our Portland, OR office to join a small, collaborative team. We need the aid of a motivated problem solver, someone who enjoys the challenge of resolving complex problems. You will work in front-line projects that directly affect the outcome of company.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. This position may work from anywhere in the US.
We desire an engineer with:
- a proven track record of delivering high quality results
- the ability to work across multiple facets of a project
- the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities
If you are ready for a challenge (and enjoy the occasional jokes at the start of team meetings!) we are eager to hear from you.
Working at CorVel Corporation:
We strive to make sure that our talented team members feel challenged, are surrounded by supportive colleagues, and have visibility into how they are adding value and making a difference. We are currently 100% work-from-home during the pandemic, with possible part-time work-from-home in the future. We like to laugh, yet take software quality very seriously. Let's talk soon!
Major responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and maintain complex software systems
- Perform requirements analysis, design, coding, peer reviews and documentation
- Acquire extensive business and system knowledge to help us continually grow over the long term
- Provide reliable estimates of effort and good identification of risks
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, and reviews
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong .NET/C# skills
- Strong SQL skills (MSSQL 2008 or higher, T-SQL, stored procedures)
- Object oriented programming principals
- Proven experience designing/building enterprise solutions that scale
- Must be self-directed and have a strong attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a combination of education and related experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of experience in .Net, C#
- 4+ years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008 or higher
- Experience with Cloud Development is a plus
- Experience with .Net Core is a plus
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.