Quality Assurance Engineer II
The Quality Assurance Analyst will participate in assigned activities pertaining to planning, coordination, execution and reporting of all test initiatives undertaken to validate the proprietary software applications developed by our Engineering teams. Team responsibilities include: functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, and post release validation. To successfully accomplish these responsibilities, the QA Analyst will work closely with business units and subject matter experts to prepare and execute test cases, manage test data, and identify expected results.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. This position may work from anywhere in the US
Major responsibilities include:
- Create, execute and maintain test cases for new and changing functionality.
- Create complex SQL scripts from scratch, in order to manipulate and validate data.
- Responsible for baseline testing, regression testing, functional/integration testing, and post release validation of application modules as assigned.
- Rapid testing responses to fixed defects.
- Identify, document, and communicate defects discovered during testing.
- Work closely with development team and other QA team members to analyze functionality and to help identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines.
- Work with Test Automation team to identify and create test cases that will be automated.
- 3+ years of experience testing applications creating test plans and test cases, executing test cases and managing defects.
- Strong experience with QA methodologies, software testing techniques and tools, especially for web-based software products.
- Experience generating SQL queries including SQL scripts to create or validate testing data - demonstrating a high level of competence and ability.
- 3+ years' experience and thorough understanding of relational database design, maintenance, and testing.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving skills, and technical/non-technical leadership abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Health industry & insurance billing experience.
- Proven ability to write complex SQL Queries from scratch.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.