Senior Software Web Engineer
CorVel Corporation is seeking a collaborative Web Application Engineer to be a part of our team. The ideal candidate will possess a keen attention to detail, a background in web application development and a thorough understanding of industry standards. You must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize properly. You will have the patience to listen and understand, and the confidence to speak up and explain your decisions.
Part of the team is based in Portland, OR and part of the team is remote. This position may work from anywhere in the US.
- Design, develop and maintain complex software systems; the focus will be web application UI/UX, but involves other areas as well.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, peer reviews, and documentation.
- Provide documentation for implementation, deployment, and QA teams.
- Apply sound software engineering processes, including iterative development, unit testing, source code control, inspections and reviews.
- Apply knowledge and expertise to fix complex problems.
- Learn our business model and understand existing applications as it relates to your projects.
- Keep abreast of software development language revisions and technological advances.
- 5+ years of experience in .Net C# development.
- Strong relational database skills including proficiency in SQL, stored procedures and database architecture (MSSQL 2014 or higher).
- Proven track record designing/building enterprise solutions that are scalable and extensible.
- Experience releasing software in a structured release process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a combination of education and experience.
- Comfortable working in a team setting and independently.
- Good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure; understanding of the various tools / functionality available and hands-on development.
- Proficiency with healthcare security and compliance.
- Knowledge of the Worker's Compensation industry.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable