Frank Winston Crum Insurance is searching for a Workers' Compensation Underwriter. This position reports to the VP of Underwriting and provides excellent customer service by setting pricing for current and prospective clients.
Frank Winston Crum Insurance is part of the FrankCrum family of companies and has been voted one of the Top Places to Work in the annual Tampa Bay Times survey for 6 consecutive years.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exciting team with a successful insurance carrier that is continually growing!
- Reviews new business applications for complete information including verification that the exposure submitted is within FWCI's Underwriting Guidelines.
- Coordinates with producing agents, external staff, and their assistants to obtain risk information to price new business risks referred for underwriting approval.
- Reviews and manages renewal book of business to ensure profitability and pricing adequacy.
- Implements changes to rates, fees, and client information as determined by management, and communicates these changes to appropriate and necessary parties via phone, e-mail, letter, or verbally.
- Works as a problem solver and solution facilitator to address broker, internal department, client, or vendor issues.
- Works on a wide variety of special projects such as the creation of new forms and spreadsheets, assisting the underwriting team by compiling data in spreadsheet form for use on various projects.
- Participates in meetings and visits from brokers and vendors.
- Two (2) years of experience in workers' compensation underwriting.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent experience.
FrankCrum provides an excellent and comprehensive selection of benefits including:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - employer matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Health Insurance - free for the employee-only level
- Life insurance - paid by FrankCrum
- PTO Cash Out – up to 40 hours annually
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance - premium paid by FrankCrum
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Family Legal Protection Plan
- Supplemental insurance plans (accident, etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Educational reimbursement, up to $5,000 annually
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Supplemental life insurance
- Corporate America Family Credit Union