SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
A Construction Laborer position includes various manual tasks associated with construction operations.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Must understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Excavate by hand ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, etc.
- Complete equipment reports on rack truck, compressors
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the procedures to use the tools and equipment safely and properly
- Organize and maintain tool trailers in a neat and orderly fashion
- Must have 2-5 years of Heavy/Civil Construction experience
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong commitment to success of all
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
- Show quality in everything you do
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Apply for Construction Laborer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly