Aviation Senior Underwriter
The Aviation team within IAT Insurance Group has an immediate opening for an Aviation Underwriter in Sarasota, FL, Scottsdale, AZ, Alpharetta, GA or remote. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is interested in building their own book of business in the commercial aviation and general liability space.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing the risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control, and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate, and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate, and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Market to assigned agencies to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess agency activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about the company's position in annual visits to assigned agencies consistent with experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree, preferred in Aviation, Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business, or related with at least 5 years relevant experience in commercial Insurance or equivalent
- Equivalent is defined as 9 years of relevant experience.
- Must have aviation underwriting experience.
- Must have aviation commercial general liability experience and a deep understanding of exposure within this space.
- Must have had a letter of authority in excess of $5 million.
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CAIP, CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- INS21, 22, and 23 or equivalent is a plus.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Who we are:
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships, and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.
We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, employees are required to log their vaccination records and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.