Extended Claims Handler II (remote)
We're looking for the best talent to help The General® to bring quality insurance to people who need it the most.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work locationCompensation Minimum:$50,190.00Compensation Maximum:$75,285.00Job Description and Responsibilities:
The General is seeking an Extended Claims Handler II to join our company.
What You'll Do
As the Extended Claims Handler II, you will investigate and settle vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. You will handle 1st and 3rd party claims. You will be required to investigate and determine complex coverage and liability. You will primarily handle moderate injury claims and will be introduced to severe injury claims as appropriate. You will handle attorney represented and non-represented claims. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy.
- Establish and maintain appropriate management of assigned inventory following company guidelines.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents or forms from customers and conducting recorded statements.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Communicate with involved parties and negotiate appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys within approved payment authority.
- Review and process mail relating to assigned claims.
- Recognize recovery opportunities in regards subrogation and salvage.
- Evaluate and settle bodily injury claims within designated authority.
The Team You'll Join
We are a team of multi-tasking, empathetic and customer oriented claims professionals. We have a competitive spirit that drives our attention to detail and agility. We are curious life-long learners. We take pride in our work as we support our customers through unfortunate life events.
Who You Are
You are customer service oriented. You are proficient with PC and Microsoft Office Applications. You have effective verbal and written communication skills. You have proven organizational, time management, critical thinking, negotiation and investigative skills.
You bring a high school diploma or higher education. You bring 2+ years of casualty claims adjusting experience, including bodily injury claims experience.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We're proud to say we've been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we're looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they'll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You'll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You'll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you've got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
When you work at The General you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!