Legal Office Team Leader - Florida HBW
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
With Leadership direction, the Law & Regulations Office Staff Team Lead I role will be responsible for managing a staff comprised of paralegals and administrative assistants in a Staff Counsel Field Office.The position will require day to day personnel management of staff, trend analysis, operational process development and implementation, office administrative and compliance support, along with actual reporting to the Senior Managing Counsel.
This position is a remote/home based worker opportunity and can be located anywhere in the states of Florida.Key Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the performance of non-exempt support staff comprised of Paralegals and Administrative Assistants to ensure file handling and team functions are performed successfully, consistent with attorney oversight, and individual and business goals are met.
- Manage the direction and oversight of intermediate projects and solutions to meet objectives.
- Implementation of tactical and strategic change within the Litigation Complex and Staff Counsel Office.
- Collaborate with leadership team to support business objectives and deliver results.
- Drafts communications for implementation of Litigation Service protocols.
This job does have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Associate degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or equivalent work experience
- Basic understanding of Law Firm Administrative Functions and Requirements
- Paralegal experience is a plus
- Advanced ability to deliver results, collaborate, and make effective decisions
- Ability to understand business strategy as it relates to case retention, quality case handling and case disposition
- Ability to be a change champion with intermediate change management skills
- Advanced understanding and Knowledge of Nuance, Adobe Pro, Teams, Zoom, Microsoft Suite, One-Note, SharePoint, Share file and One-Drive
- Intermediate project management skills and quality assurance skills
- Advanced computer skills and ability to maneuver within and utilize litigation software
- Ability to engage, influence and motivate
Compensation range for this position is $59,500- $103,300 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.