Experienced Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your Claims Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available for an experienced Workers Compensation Claims Specialist II or Senior Claims Specialist. The Claims Specialist II and Senior Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to mild to moderately complex Workers Compensation claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with injured workers, claimants, policyholders, medical providers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
* While we are currently working remote, we ideally seek to fill with someone who can work in our Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC office when the time comes to return to the office a few days a week. We can consider someone that falls within the Southern Region footprint (such as Oklahoma, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Colorado, or Louisiana) for someone with Workers Compensation claims experience. 100% remote may be an option for experienced individuals who are not aligned with Tampa, Plano or Charlotte.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate WC compensability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
- Partners with injured workers, customers, and medical providers, and possibly Attorneys to facilitate the return to work after injury.
- Actively participate in Claim Reviews with clients, Roundtables, Arbitrations and Mediations, and may assist in conducting closed file reviews.
- Leverages medical resources to review and manage medical treatment plan for injured workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, continuing insurance education desired.
- At least 3 years' experience handling Workers' Compensation claims.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts & claims handling guidelines
- Multi-state experience preferred (FL, GA, NC, SC, AL, AR, AZ, CO, LA, MS, TX, OK, MS, UT, and NM).
- Experience with disputed and/or litigated claims.
- Ability to analyze written reports, such as medical records and legal documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and uphold our high standard of customer service.
- Negotiation and settlement skills.
- Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Success driven individual who has demonstrated success in a claims adjusting role.
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses. Continuing education courses leading to industry certifications preferred (e.g., AIC or CPCU).
- Bilingual skills highly desired!