Disney’s Reservation Sales Agent’s creates magic for our Guest before they arrived for their Walt Disney Resort vacation and during their stay. The Disney’s Reservation Sales Agents are responsible for vacation planning utilizing sales techniques, deploying guest service skills, and attention to detail. The Reservation Sales Agent’s is an hourly position with an incentive program based on performance, conversation rates, and average handling time metrics. Disney’s Reservation Sales Agent’s position is a high-volume inbound contact center located in Orlando or Tampa, FL.
This position is temporarily working remotely and requires a supported high-speed internet and private work environment.
The Disney Reservation Sales Agents will attend a paid mandatory training class (currently offered remote from home) where you will participate in multiple performance assessments. The operating hours of the Disney Reservation Center are Monday through Sunday, 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
The starting pay rate for this position is $14.70 per hour, which could be more based on experience, plus the ability to earn performance incentives ranging from an average of $2.50 to $7.50 per hour.
- Utilize sales techniques to meet sales goals in booking, modifying and canceling Walt Disney World Resorts and packages
- Provide comprehensive information about the parks, resorts and amenities
- Meet required departmental metric expectations including sales and performance goals
- Complete all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned
- Build and maintain relationships with Guest and Cast Members from all lines of business to provide excellent service to our Guests & Cast
- Provide Guest Service when problems arise and help find solutions with Guests and Cast Members
- Passion & knowledge of Disney Products
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum one (1) year of sales & service experience in a high volume environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Computer proficiency within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Navigate between multiple and concurrent computer applications
- Grammar Fluency and Professional email etiquette
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Proactively engage with Guest by addressing needs, answering questions, giving directions and other information
- Ability to work in a structured environment
- Sales & service experience in a service-oriented or contact center environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of Travel Agency in a sales service-oriented environment
- Sales & closing skills and the ability to overcome objections