Workers Compensation Technical Claims Specialist II
Advance your claims career with Liberty Mutual Insurance!
Liberty Mutual has an immediate opening for a Technical Claims Specialist within our Workers Compensation division as part of our Complex Unit. In the Technical Specialist II role, under general supervision and established practices, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of complex Workers Compensation (WC) cases of moderate to high exposure. The Technical Claims Specialist has developed a solid understanding of Workers Compensation claims handling techniques, generally as a result of progressing through the Case Manager job family.
- Investigates claims to determine whether coverage is provided, establish compensability and verify exposure.
- Resolves claims within authority and makes recommendations regarding case value and resolution strategy to Branch Office Management on cases which exceed authority.
- Works closely with staff and outside defense counsel in managing litigated files according to established litigation management protocols.
- Identifies and appropriately handles suspicious claims.
- Identifies and appropriately handles claims with third party subrogation and SIF potential.
- Understands the MSA process and how best to maximize their value. Establishes and maintains accurate reserves on all assigned files.
- Makes timely reserve recommendations to Branch Office Management on cases which exceed authority. Prepares for and attends mediation sessions and/or settlement conferences and negotiates on behalf of LMG and LMG Insureds.
- Makes recommendations regarding strategy on litigated files.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand key data elements and claims related data analysis.
- Confers directly with policyholders on coverage and resolution strategy issues.
- Establishes and updates "Action Plans" on assigned claims which clearly reflect file status and disposition strategy.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent business experience is required.
- In addition, the candidate will generally possess 3-5 years of related claims experience. Primary experience in the jurisdictions of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with high exposure WC claims is strongly desired! This may include claims involving traumatic brain injuries, amputations, paralysis, severe burns, chronic pain, etc.
- Must be able to successfully manage a target workload of 115 claims on assignment.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.