Account Manager (Local)
Provides customer services for one or more new or established accounts. Responsible for interacting with customers on an executive level and understanding and communicating agreed upon expectations to field offices and increasing the market share of business by providing excellent service, commitment to the customer, and introducing additional services. This position is fully remote.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Local Account Manager:
- Operates independently with direction from management.
- Introduces new services independently or with assistance as needed.
- Handles local or regional accounts.
- Handles a book of business up to $3m in revenue.
- Revenue growth with existing accounts.
- Accounts Receivable - Responsible for all aspects of collections in conjunction with the respective operations management.
- Client Stewardship- Responsible for conducting regular stewardship meetings and overseeing the integrity and delivery of client specific reports and information. Must perform in a consultative role identifying trends and providing CorVel solutions to market and business challenges.
- Client Retention - Maintain continuous communication with customer(s) to ensure that all service expectations are identified and maintained. Communicate and engage senior management in account status, challenges and goals. Every national account and large account will have an RVP assigned as a senior operations representative to the account.
- Surface issues or potential issues to appropriate members of the management and executive team proactively to remedy immediate concerns before they become issues. Maintain an open items matrix to document all issues and resolution.
- Facilitate and coordinate internal customer set-up and external implementation.
- Coordinate and attend customer meetings. Ensure appropriate CorVel participants are engaged.
- Discuss, understand, and meet agreed upon standards as mutually determined by CorVel and customer.
- Develop/maintain account service instructions/communicate to service staff and post on the Intranet.
- Manage contract renewals/price increases; coordinate with the AE and/or management team as appropriate.
- Present information to assigned customers in an organized and persuasive fashion for contract renewals, service issue discussions, or additional product sales.
- Regular attendance on the Monthly Account Manager Call.
- Monthly account updates and all new service opportunities documented in Salesforce.com.
- Follow CorVel policies and procedures.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Reliable professional with the ability to achieve balance between customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
- Knowledge of CorVel's services and completion of all CorVel Product Training Modules.
- Business acumen, coupled with enthusiasm and decorum.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as analytical and time management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and CRM software (Salesforce).
- Bachelor's degree, national certification or equivalent in business or sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in management or supervision.
- Training within the insurance industry, managed care or related field preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.