The Receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. This position is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing them to appropriate associates, mail distribution and maintaining security by following procedures; issuing visitor access cards as appropriate.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming telephone calls, transfer to appropriate parties or take messages correctly.
- Greet visitors, inform staff of their arrival, and may be responsible for directing or escorting them to specific destinations.
- Operate office equipment: computer terminal, fax machine, copy machine, postage meter, and multi-line telephone.
- Open and sort incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail.
- May be responsible for maintaining written log of staff in and out status.
- May prepare memos, correspondence, presentations or other documents.
- May be responsible for maintaining proper care of equipment, reporting problems and contacting appropriate service personnel.
May perform data entry and posting of payments.
May schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Requires regular and consistence attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to interface well with all departments within the company.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and external contacts to the organization.
Possess a moderate degree of proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective organizational skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience in a professional office environment preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.