Advisor, Personal Lines
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community.
This is a fast paced, pleasant environment that allow you to showcase your positive attitude, your multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. While you are a team player, you will also work independently.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and coaching from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Establish new client relationships through prospecting, networking events, realtors, mortgage brokers, social media, friends and family to grow sales and increase earnings.
- Develop leads to quote and sell personal insurance policies face to face and over the phone: Auto, Life, Home, Renters, Condo, Umbrella, and additional personal lines.
- Help protect new and existing customers by offering agency products to meet their insurance needs.
- Round out existing accounts within assigned book of business.
- Contribute to marketing campaigns that target new business sales.
- Survey prospect clients to determine insurance needs, provide quotes and make sales appointments.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Maintain insurance expiration log.
- Work with underwriters to negotiate sales on behalf of clients.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with carrier representatives.
- Prepare coverage comparisons and present and explain proposals to clients.
- Maintain up-to-date account information essential for documentation purposes.
- Check policies for accuracy.
- Process transactions to generate billing invoices and prepare premium finance contracts.
- Respond to requests from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, as applicable.
- Maintain electronic activity system and documentation to follow up on outstanding items.
- Keep informed of industry developments.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 2-20 License Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Organizational & time management skills
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level ranges from low to moderate.
Other Qualifications: You must carry a minimum of $100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
Reports To: Personal Insurance Manager
Position Type: Exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Great reasons to work at W3:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid continuing education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
Proud to be a EOE DFWP SFWP