Property Claims Adjuster
As a property claims adjuster, you'll ensure claims are fairly and accurately investigated for our customers. Primarily over the phone, you'll manage the coverage and damage analysis of property claims. You'll also use strong negotiation and customer service skills to interact with customers, insurance carriers and others.
Duties & responsibilities
- Examine and interpret insureds' policies, forms in force, and other records
- Use varying methods of investigation, including taking recorded statements, consulting with police, inspecting property damage, and reviewing documents
- Estimate cost of repair, replacement, or compensation
- Prepares settlement letters, denial letters, Reservation of Rights, and other letters as needed
- Bachelor's degree or higher and a minimum of 9 months of experience in property claims handling.
- Instead of the above, Associate's degree or higher and a minimum of 3 years work experience within financial services, customer service, construction, property management, or related field, at least 9 months of which must be in property claims handling.
- Instead of a degree, a minimum of 5 years work experience in one of the fields noted above, at least 9 months of which must be in property claims handling.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-5, 9-6, or 10-7PM ESTCompensation
- $55,000-$72,000 depending on candidate experience and location
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness & mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
- Onsite gym & healthcare at large locations