Aviation Claims Trainee
The Claims department at IAT Insurance Group has an opening for an Aviation Claims Trainee located in our Sarasota, Florida office starting June of 2021.
This position is a great entry-level career opportunity and/or a great position for someone with several years of industry experience who wants to continue to learn and grow in the insurance industry
As a Claims Trainee, you'll make an impact by:
- Handle claims relative to Aviation.
- Investigating each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifying/ investigating/resolving potential fraud/misrepresentation issues.
- Working hand-in-hand with insureds, claimants and/or their attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Following standard practices and procedures to determine legal liability and achieve final resolution of a claim.
- Verifying/analyzing applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishing 24-hour contact and maintaining appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Identifying and addressing subrogation/contribution opportunities.
- Setting accurate timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with claims guidelines.
- Evaluating, negotiating, and authorizing settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selecting, directing and managing vendors.
- Drafting correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Applying for and maintaining resident/nonresident adjuster licenses.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
We're ready to onboard a candidate with:
- A four-year college degree, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent applicable experience (We will consider May 2021 graduates)
- Equivalent is defined as 4 years of applicable insurance industry experience.
- The desire and ability to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrated leadership, professionalism, organization and time management.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by employer, now or in the future.
*Current IAT employees must have been in their role for at least six months and must have received, at a minimum, a “Meets Expectations” during their performance review to be eligible for the program.
We are an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Join the IAT family:
At IAT, we put the needs of people at the forefront. With our values guiding us, our private ownership empowering us, and the needs of our agents and customers energizing us, we are building an exciting future.
How do we do it? Our steadfast workforce.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent.