Human Resource Specialist
The Human Resource Specialist recruits, screen, interviews and place workers. The Human Resource Specialist also handles employee relations, compensation and benefits.
- Consult with employers to identify employment needs
- Interview applicants about their experience, education, and skills
- Contact references and perform background checks on job applicants
- Inform applicants about job details, such as duties, benefits, and working conditions
- Hire or refer qualified candidates for employers
- Conduct or help with new employee orientation
- Keep employment records and process paperwork
- Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and benefits administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS, payroll, and similar human resource management software and practices.
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Successful work experience as a Human Resources Specialist, officer, administrator or other HR position
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, recruitment, training, and development)
**Extended work expectations, including evening and weekends, will be mandatory in times of a catastrophic event.
RYZE reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way that RYZE desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential functions, to be performed by the Employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at will. RYZE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.