Private Flood Specialist – Broker Assistant
PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently a Work from Home position however, candidates may be required to work in our St Petersburg Florida office when we move to that phase.
We are seeking a full-time, outgoing, ambitious, motivated individual to join our fast growing St Petersburg Flood Insurance Company! Come be a part of our exciting Private Flood team dedicated to being the best in the business!
As we have for almost 40 years, Wright provides flood insurance with leading industry expertise and extraordinary claims response, earning an A- (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
Wright Flood offers competitive wages, an excellent benefit package, and an amazing opportunity to grow with the best in the business! Wright Floods culture is based on a set of core values that we live by every day; Willingness, Respect, Integrity, Growth, Honesty and Trust. Come be a part of an amazing organization and understand what it means to be on a great TEAM!
We are looking for an individual to fill our Private Flood Specialist-Broker Assistant position which requires a strong problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skill set with an emphasis on assisting the broker. As a Private Flood Specialist / Brokerage Assistant, the candidate must possess the ability to take initiative and be extremely detailed to the broker's needs. The Private Flood Specialist / Brokerage Assistant must be able to work directly with the broker to analyze and assess risks, provide the broker with detailed assistance on all incoming and outgoing submissions. The Private Flood Specialist / Brokerage Assistant must also have a strong knowledge of the company's private flood products and be able to identify risks that fit the criteria of each product.
- 1-3 years of Property & Casualty or Flood Insurance Experience required.
- 1-3 years working in a wholesale brokerage industry or 1-3 yrs as a retail agent experienced in utilizing a wholesale business.
- The ability to obtain a 2-20 and 1-20 insurance license within 12 months of employment.
- Possess a working knowledge and/or the ability to research and determine the rules and regulations of each state's surplus lines association.
- The Private Flood Specialist / Brokerage Assistant is required to show ingenuity and initiative in the development and expansion of any admitted and surplus lines products without the requirement of close supervision by showing discretion and independent sound judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, initiative and ability to resolve difficult business or interpersonal issues when needed. Also, should have a strong ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate a comfort level in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities. Must have exceptional time management and organizational skills with emphasis on product and technical knowledge required. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the commitment to work successfully in a team environment and foster teamwork with teammates, leaders and executives
Wright National Flood Insurance Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.