Claims Examiner - Workers Compensation
Michigan Commercial Insurance Mutual is seeking an experienced WC Claims Examiner to join our team of claim professionals. This position is a full-time position in the Lakewood Ranch office. There is no remote work or work from home option for this position.
Must have Florida All Lines Adjuster's license and a minimum of 3 years of current Workers' Compensation claims handling.
***$2,000. gross sign-on bonus after 90 days of full-time employment***
A WC Claims Examiner is tasked with all aspects of medical and lost time claims from date of accident to resolution.
- Investigate and determine compensability for lost time and medical only claims, coordinate early return to work, determine and pay benefits owed, and document and update action plans to resolution of claims.
- Set reserves timely and accurately to UPC
- Communicate timely with insurers, medical providers, attorneys, and injured workers.
- Have knowledge of and comply with state rules and regulations.
- Must have excellent knowledge of EDI requirements.
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must document work activities in Image Right and Tropics
- Must have excellent customer service, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to follow direction and to adhere to company and client best practices.
- Outlook Email
- Basic Excel
- Basic Word
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication
Remote/Work from home Available: No
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Remotely: Not Available
- Sarasota, FL