Flood Underwriter I
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00am-6pm OR 9:30am - 6pm
Progressive Home is growing and were looking for talented people to join our team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes with working for a successful and growing organization. Voted one of the top Tampa Bay employers for the past 8 years, our commitment does not stop with our employees, but carries through with our community involvement. Whether youre searching for a new job or are interested in continuing your career, Progressive Home may be that perfect place for you.
The Flood Underwriter I examine risk by reviewing, analyzing, and inspecting insurance applications, documents, and claim history to determine appropriate rate plan and benefit costs. Flood Underwriters must be familiar with regulations at the federal, state and local level as well as have familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.Essential Job Functions
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Reviews applications to determine the applicants risk
- Processes quotes, endorsements, renewals, cancellations, and new business
- Consistently provides accurate answers to all types of questions concerning policy status
- Processes payments
- Answers/communicates professionally with customers via phone calls, on-line chat, and/or email
- Resolves customer requests/complaints
- Follows up with customers as necessary
- Completes the appropriate research needed to resolve inquiries.
- Handles and/or forwards escalated customer inquiries to senior underwriters when needed
- Assists with quality assurance of department processes.
- Handles other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Corresponds with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) for Submit for Rate Policies
- No regular travel required
- Able to work variable and flexible hours, such as nights, weekends, and holidays in response to business needs.
- Able to work assigned schedule subject to Progressive's flexible schedule policies and practices.
Listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in the job
- Knowledge of NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) rules and regulations, including rating and TRRP (Texas Risk Reduction Program) reporting.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, pay attention to details, make decisions, and solve problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Skilled in planning, prioritizing, and organizing
Listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- In lieu of the above, 2 years post-secondary education and a minimum of 2 years property & casualty insurance experience
- In lieu of post-secondary education and the above experience, 5 years work experience, at least 2 years of which is in property & casualty insurance.
Benefits & Perks:
As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. As a company committed to our employees, its not surprising that we offer great benefits that include:
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Diverse, welcoming culture.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a 401K plan that is 100% vested!
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, apply now!