FCCI Insurance Group is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 19 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Our mission, corporate philosophy and core values are all indicators of the manner in which our employees conduct business every day. FCCI has a reputation for excellence in products, services and employees – and it’s a great place to work!
We are currently seeking a Corporate Writer for our Corporate Communications department. The selected candidate will assist in the development of marketing and communication materials to support FCCI’s regional offices, strengthen the FCCI brand and educate agents, policyholders, employees and the general public about FCCI’s products and services. The selected individual will work with teammates at all levels, including management to communicate consistent corporate messages and generate story leads for FCCI, project leaders to advance a variety of initiatives, and designers to collaborate on creative concepts. Research, write and edit copy for communication materials, including, but not limited to, FCCI’s Annual Report, Advertising, Internal and External Custom Campaigns, Flyers, Brochures, Email Blasts, Talent Acquisition, and FCCI branding. Support FCCI’s corporate website and social media sites (i.e., managing the content, flow and accessibility of information). This position is based in Sarasota, Florida at headquarters in Lakewood Ranch.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations or related field (Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education)
• Minimum of two years written communication experience within a corporate, professional environment
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and in collaboration with executive and senior-level management and various subject matter experts
• Experience writing for different audiences, in different styles, using a variety of communication vehicles
• Experience with internal and external communications, including press releases, twitter postings, LinkedIn postings, etc.
• Knowledge of fundamental marketing, advertising and public relations principles
• Solid research, writing and editing skills as evidenced by a portfolio of 3-5 writing examples
• Familiarity with AP style guidelines, general trends in social media and best practices for writing for print and online
• Ability to effectively present creative marketing ideas to small and large groups
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Insurance industry knowledge preferred, but not required
• Experience with CMS applications: WordPress, Joomla, Drupa, Magento, etc., and HTML or equivalent web language preferred, but not required
EOE/Drug free workplace