Associate Customer Service Representative, Claims Intake
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Life. Happiness. Liberty. What’s your pursuit? Pursue a career that’s more true to you.
At Liberty Mutual, we empower you to raise your voice, think outside your job title, and make a real impact – not just within our global, fast-growing company, but in everyday lives.
Start your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance as an Associate Customer Service Representative (ACSR) in our Commercial Lines Claims division. As an Associate CSR, you will perform a limited range of customer service activities – such as responding to inquiries, and/or explaining processing procedures. The goal is to deliver the best possible outcome while meeting or exceeding the customer’s expectation. You will maintain essential information on all calls received.
This is a high-production, high-volume environment that focuses heavily on customer service. Work is driven primarily by inbound calls and communications, and you will be required to maintain essential information on all calls received. However, responsibilities may include fax work too. This role interfaces with customers, agents and third parties and requires exceptional listening and communication skills. It's a great place to launch your career!
* Please note that this position is posted to further develop our future talent pipeline, and an anticipated start is tentative for January 2020. *
- Obtain information from customers regarding claims and accidents on some lines (commercial auto, workers' compensation, liability, property, Integrated Disability Management, short-term disability, etc.) through a primary intake method (telephone reports, fax and other sources).
- Provides direct guidance and assistance to customers regarding processing procedures and explains how their inquiries will be answered if additional information is requested. Provides contacts for temporary resources such as PPO guidance and vehicle inspection appointment. May schedule appointments for claimant.
- Monitor customer inquiries and/or problems, alerts management to potential problems.
- Refer bodily injury and serious property damage cases to appropriate unit person.
- Transmit reports and messages to branch offices and to state agency as required.
- May act as a liaison between management and customer for routine information and reports requested. Prepare reports and/or structures for management from customer information.
- Maintain logs, records and reports as required to ensure accurate information and reporting capabilities for customers. Update information on automated system.
- May schedule appointments for claimant.
Paid training is tentatively slated for January 2020. Paid training hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. After training, shifts will fall anywhere between 7:00am and 8:00pm, which may include weekends.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and a 1-2 years of customer service or insurance experience preferred.
- Interpersonal and listening skills to build solid relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Communication skills to perform active listening and exchange accurate information in a responsive, respectful manner.
- Ability to exercise influence and create good outcomes.
- Adaptability to be open-minded and flexible when faced with changes at work.
- Ability to understand, remember and explain claims reporting procedures; and working knowledge of systems and personal computers.
- Bi-lingual skills highly desired.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.