Legal Administrative Assistant - Tampa, FL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Staff Counsel Support is responsible for managing Insurance Defense and Tort Litigation / Disputes work and related issues/matters.
This position provides administrative support for Staff Counsel Attorneys in an office under general attorney supervision. The role enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and trial, arbitration and mediation letters; manages calendars and files related to events and details in the case management systems. Confirms related events & activities & monitors and routes internal/external client inquiries, mail, faxes, etc.
- Handle calls and inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Handles confidential information
- Ability to train others on immediate work group functions
- Makes basic decisions within established procedures under supervision
- Enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and trial, arbitration and mediation letters
- Manages calendars and files related to events and details in the case management systems
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Team Connect (Litigation Management System)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-3+ years of experience in a litigation setting or prior insurance defense experience preferred
- Good communications skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and with fellow employees
- Intermediate knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete professional, error free documents utilizing good grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda reports, outlines, schedules and client communications
- Knowledge of immediate work group functions and processes
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment