Intern - Broadspire
The Broadspire Internship Program (BIP) is designed to challenge and reward a select number of students with an opportunity to work with the Broadspire team. The program is intended to provide knowledge, tools, skills, and experiences an intern can readily apply to future challenges and professional pursuits.
- Provide high level overview of Crawford and Company
- Showcase various units of Broadspire through company leaders and innovators while learning about rewarding careers in the claims industry
- Opportunity for students to recognize their strengths, interests, problem solving skills, and abilities to deal with internal/external customers in a work environment through verbal and written communication
- Allow students to experience the roles, expectations, and behaviors expected in a professional work environment while developing a professional toolbox for life in the business world
- Build a professional network though virtual network activities with other BIP interns and Broadspire employees across the country
Working alongside a licensed professional adjuster, you will
- Issue payments, request wage information for the adjusters, order surveillance, and complete medical calls to obtain the current work status
- Contact agents and insured on routine claims to obtain coverage information
- Compose a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices, or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external clients
- Complete and present a final project at the end of the 10 week program
- Completion of freshman year and currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher
- Majoring in Business Administration, Business Management, or Humanities and Social Sciences degrees
- Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 or equivalent is required
- A desire to learn about the third party claims industry
- An interest in pursuing a career as an adjuster
- A passion for helping our claimants by listening, investigating, having empathy, using emotional intelligence, and utilizing time management skills to assist them on their road to recovery
- Must be flexible, adaptable, capable of working in a fast paced environment, and possess the ability to learn and develop excellent multi-tasking and communication skills
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses’ needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.