Senior Project Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of managing multiple projects related to the delivery of system enhancements and software development projects specific to the Property and Casualty Insurance industry. Responsible for one or several projects and ultimately responsible for successful project delivery. In conjunction with IT Leadership, this individual is responsible for definition of and education on UNA’s project portfolio management methodology and project management methodology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Project Management tasks, with specific understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and its risks by managing agreed upon, scope, schedule, cost, quality objectives, staffing, risks, and issues.
- Leads and coordinates Business Analysis and Functional Requirements Documentation tasks on “design” projects.
- Estimates software design tasks efforts.
- Supports and ensures adherence to methodology.
- Monitors quality of deliverables authored by team members for clarity and completeness.
- Leads and coordinates the development and testing efforts on software “build” projects.
- Leads the planning and implementation of complex projects.
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assists in the development, updating, and delivery of team member non-technical training.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables; utilizes effective change control processes to capture and reflect deviation from approved deliverables.
- Works with the executive team, projects sponsor and other staff to develop objectives, plans and scope for assigned projects.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers, project participants and project stakeholders.
- Acts as an advocate for assigned projects, representing its interests throughout the enterprise.
- Develops and maintains full scale project plans, inclusive of tasks, deliverables, staff assignments, and task dependencies.
- Develops and maintains portfolio, program and project inventories and dependency roadmaps.
- Assembles and coordinate project staff.
- Ensures project control documents are complete, current, and stored within company guidelines.
- Manages project resource allocation.
- Plans and schedules project timelines.
- Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Ensures Quality Assurance testing and User Acceptance best practices and standards are adhered to on assigned projects Reviews QA workflows, test procedures, plans, scripts, cases, results and defect resolution on periodic basis.
- Monitors and reports on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Evaluates projects and assess results.
- Provides direction and support to project team.
- Performs other duties as required.
Supplementary Information: This job description has been prepared to indicate the general nature and level of the work that the employees perform within their classification. This description is not to be interpreted as an inventory of all the duties, tasks, responsibilities and qualifications required for the employees assigned to this job.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, project management or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent, including a minimum of (5) years of experience in managing information technology projects, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in Guidewire software project management or Development team supervision required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, and subject matter experts) required.
- Strong knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Strong Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Proven experience in people and organizational change management, strategic planning, and risk management.
- Proven experience in project management software required.
- Property and Casualty Insurance experience preferred.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
- PMP Certification or equivalent require