Application Support Specialist Associate
Pay Grade -35
ASI/Progressive Home is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join our team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes with working for a successful and growing organization. Voted one of the top Tampa Bay employers for the past 8 years, our commitment does not stop with our employees, but carries through with our community involvement. Whether you’re searching for a new job or are interested in continuing your career, ASI/Progressive Home may be that perfect place for you.Job Purpose
The IT Service Desk Specialist Associate is an entry-level position responsible for troubleshooting and resolving IT productivity issues and providing Application Support for end users, Agents, and Policyholders. Interacts with internal Progressive employees and/or Progressive Insurance Agents to restore IT productivity. Responsibilities can include resolve login issues, troubleshooting and resolving quoting issues in both newly deployed and legacy websites, escalating issues to Tier 2 for further troubleshooting, website navigation assistance, set up and manage policy downloads. You will also assist Policyholders with registering for an online profile and navigating in the policyholder portal, document application related incidents, and troubleshoot solutions as appropriate, escalating or assigning follow-up work to other escalation groups as needed.
Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm possibly 10am-7pm with an occasional 12pm-9pmEssential Job Functions
The essential duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provides first tier technical support by directly responding to customer requests and inquiries via phone and email
- Identifies website productivity issues and provides troubleshooting, leveraging knowledge management practices, with the goal of remediating incidents
- Educates customers and communicates troubleshooting steps
- Follows documented workflow and established standards to resolve routine and newly reported issues
- Escalates to the appropriate technical resources for more complex incidents
- Adheres to customer communication engagement tool standards (including phone logging and ticketing systems) and is available during scheduled shifts
- Participates as an integral part of the team, exhibiting ownership, follow through, initiative, awareness and effective communication with customers, peers, upper tiers, and management
- Evening/night hours, Weekend hours, and Holiday hours may be required
Education and/or experiences listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- If you have a minimum two years of related work experience in a technical field, which includes experience assisting end users with hardware and software related incidents, then a Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree isn't required.
- With an Associate's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g. MIS, IS, IT CNS, Computer Engineering, Windows Networking Administration) and a minimum of one year of related work experience in a technical field, which could include assisting end users with hardware and software related incidents may be accepted.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g. MIS, IS, IT CNS, Computer Engineering).
Knowledge, skills/abilities listed below are the requirements needed to be proficient in the job.
- Knowledge of information systems and IT operations, such as Windows operating systems components, navigation tools, common hardware and software related concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve basic technical problems
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Customer service orientation and the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms for a variety of audiences
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Bilingual preferred
The ASI Culture and Benefits
As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. As a company committed to our employees, it’s not surprising that we offer great benefits that include:
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Diverse, welcoming culture.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a 401K plan that is 100% vested!
- If you are looking for a career, not just a job, apply now!
** Sponsorship is not available for this position. **