Application Server Administrator
The Application Server Administrator provides maintenance and ongoing production support for FCCI’s in-house web, application, and continuous integration servers, as well as off the shelf insurance systems for claims, policy administration, and billing. Other duties include performing daily systems administration tasks including monitoring of performance and application logs, server configuration, tuning and troubleshooting to ensure proper operation of all application servers and systems. The Application Server Administrator will also assist with planning and implementation of upgrades and new software installations, along with supporting production, QA and development environments. This position is located within FCCI Insurance Group’s home office (in the Lakewood Ranch area of Sarasota, Florida).Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Two or more years of demonstrated industry experience with application server administration.
- Solid working knowledge in deployment, configuration and troubleshooting Java based execution environments including JVM tuning, JMX, memory management, and security.
- Solid working knowledge of Java based application servers such as Tomcat. Experience with JEE application servers such as WebLogic will be considered.
- Solid working knowledge of applications delivery controllers such as Citrix NetScaler or F5 BIG-IP.
- Solid working knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Solid working knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Solid working knowledge of administering Apache HTTP Server, IIS, ActiveMQ, and PHP.
- Solid working knowledge in scripting languages for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and report technical information effectively.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to evaluate production and quality control.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify their origins, and propose solutions.
- Industry certifications from Oracle, Microsoft, or other vendors of the above systems is preferred.