Under general supervision, the role of the Security Administrator is to ensure secure, efficient operation of FCCI's computer networks and to provide quality, service-oriented computer operations support. The selected teammate will excel at and enjoy staying current and informed of security best practices to remain up-to-speed with recently discovered vulnerabilities regarding a wide array of network systems and applications. In addition, he/she will investigate security needs and deficiencies, as well as implement, test, and monitor Information Services security improvements. This role will be called upon to install, maintain, and ensure proper usage of security-focused systems such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Firewall, Honeypots, and Network Access Control (NAC). This role serves as the primary liaison between the Information Technology Operations group and all other company divisions concerning information security with the objective to maximize the support and adoption of FCCI Insurance Group’s IT security policies. Position is located in Sarasota, Florida and reports to Director, Infrastructure and Operations.Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year of general experience in network applications and administration, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Plus two years of experience with installing and administrating security systems such as NAC, Firewalls, SIEM, and vulnerability scanning systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong desire to be a part of a high performing, collaborative, Information Technology team.
- Ability to engineer and design secure network solutions in moderately complex environments, as well as troubleshoot and resolve potential issues.
- Ability to work on-call as assigned by manager to meet customer needs.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with IT personnel and personnel outside of the department and company.
- Solid working knowledge of SIEM configuration and maintenance on platforms such as LogRhythm, Splunk, or QRadar.
- Solid working knowledge of firewalls and universal threat management systems such as Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, or CheckPoint.
- Solid working knowledge of the use of Windows operating systems and Active Directory policies to configure secure workstation and server environments.
- Solid working knowledge of securing internal and external network communications.
- Solid working knowledge of existing computer products and technological changes.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar certifications preferred.