Product R&D Analyst III/IV
Product R&D Analyst III/IV (Senior to Lead) - Progressive Home
Pay Grade: 043 / 045
If you enjoy developing product solutions that contribute to top-line growth, analyzing data to identify trends and improve products, then we have a role for you. ASI/Progressive Home is seeking a Product R&D Analyst to help answer business questions and drive process improvement. A well-qualified candidate is intellectually curious, skilled at finding creative solutions to problems, detail oriented, strives for constant improvement and excels in a highly collaborative culture.
Our Product R&D Analyst are bold, innovative thinkers with uncompromised energy. Bring your analytical savvy and passion for providing quality solutions to work in a challenging, rewarding environment that welcomes and applauds Progressive thinking.
Responsibilities include researching new ideas to improve our product offerings, conducting project work, developing and supporting insurance rating models, as well as performing ad hoc analyses. This position requires strong skills in problem solving, communication and statistical analysis. Also, a good sense of business judgment will be important in times when data may be thin. This role will be responsible for collaborating with our State Product Managers and building out a process to get new model enhancements into the marketplace as quickly as possible. This is an exciting time to join this rapidly expanding team.
Educational and/or experience:
- PhD with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering or Operations Research
- In lieu of PhD, Master's degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering or Operations Research plus at least three years of analysis experience
In lieu of PhD or Master's degree, Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Engineering or Operations Research plus either
- Three years of analysis experience in a Product, Pricing or Actuarial role with Property and Casualty Insurance, or
- Successful completion of all preliminary actuarial exams and at least one Associateship level exam within the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Familiar with data extraction and analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, R and Excel
- Understanding of basic data analysis methodologies such as multivariate regression
- Ability to improve processes to gain efficiency and increase quality
- Ability to present data and analysis results in a simple and clear manner
- Ability to simplify analyses for complicated business problems
- Ability to conduct independent research and display creativity
Benefits and Perks:
- Annual Gainshare bonus based on company performance
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6% that is 100% vested
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements
- Dynamic culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Healthcare standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
** Sponsorship is not available for this position. **